Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme (ORIS) for Carn Park Link Trail at Baylin, Co Westmeath
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (as amended) (Part XI)
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS, 2001 (as amended) (Part 8)
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the requirements of the above Act and Regulations that Westmeath County Council proposes to undertake the following works:
Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme (ORIS) for Carn Park Link Trail at Baylin, Co. Westmeath
The works are to develop a complete leisure route, utilising both the Baylin Bog Trail and Carn Park Forest Walk spanning c.6.5km in length by undertaking the following: -
- Improvements to the existing facilities along the Baylin Bog Leisure Trail
- Improved directional signs and ‘way-finding’ signage along the public roads directing users to the trail;
- To complete an active travel loop from the village of Baylin by developing linkage to the Baylin Bog northern access and Western access points;
- Linking the Baylin Bog Trail and Carn Park Forest Walk by developing a 350m raised boardwalk;
- Providing a safe pedestrian link between the two access points of the Carn Park Forest Walk, along the L-5435 to the East of Carn Park;
- Carrying out all ancillary site works
The proposed scheme has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Ecological Impact Assessment under the CIEEM (2010) and EPA guidelines (EPA 2002).
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, may apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have a significant effect on the environment.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection at https://consult.westmeathcoco.ie/en and can be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the Athlone Civic Centre, Church Street, Athlone, Co. Westmeath, N37 DN02 from 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. each day, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, from 4th September, 2023 up to and including Monday 2nd October, 2023.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, may be made in writing no later than 4pm on Monday 16th October, 2023 either:
• Online at https://consult.westmeathcoco.ie/en or
• In writing, clearly marked “Part 8, Carn Park Link Trail at Baylin” to the Administrative Officer, Planning Department, Westmeath County Council, County Buildings, Mount St, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, N91 FH4N.
Written submissions or observations received, will form part of a statutory report to be presented to a meeting of Westmeath County Council and will form part of a public document. The information contained in submissions may be available for public inspection, to be published on the Council’s website and available at the Council’s public counter. Details, including the names of those making submissions may be shared with relevant Council Departments or their agents involved in this Part 8 process.