Westmeath County Council, with the support of the Rural Regeneration and Development Fund is committed to the regeneration of the town-centre core of Kinnegad. The multi-annual programme, with an estimated total project cost in excess of €8.5million, will stimulate the regeneration of Kinnegad.
Why we are consulting
Feedback is being sought from the whole community. We want to ensure that the broadest spectrum of views are captured. A shared vision will help build a robust and sustainable blueprint for the regeneration of Kinnegad. Embedding a sense of ownership and pride of place within the community is a key objective of the programme.
The project objectives are:
- to address existing serious social infrastructure provision deficit to an increasing population at Kinnegad.
- to establish a new civic space addressing the new community Library.
- to increase the footfall within the town centre.
The programme comprises 3 distinct projects:
- the refurbishment and extension of the old National School and Principals House on Main Street and the provision of a Community Library, Education and Training Centre at that site.
- the provision of Community Facilities and a Town Park at the former Community Centre and surrounding lands on the Athlone Road.
- the provision of enhanced Public Realm to integrate the new Community Library into the street.
This consultation process will directly inform the concept designs for Item 2 above the Community Facilities and Town Park. Submissions can be made from the publication of the survey until the close of the survey which is 5:00pm on Friday 29th October 2021.
For further information relating to the Regeneration Project please ring 044 9332110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.