Development of a Town Park and associated Links at Mullingar Road, Castlepollard
PART XI OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000 (AS AMENDED) PART 8 OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENTREGULATIONS, 2001 (AS AMENDED)
Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given that Westmeath County Council proposes to undertake the following works:
DEVELOPMENT OF A TOWN PARK ANDASSOCIATED PEDESTRIAN LINKS AT MULLINGAR ROAD (R394), CASTLEPOLLARD, COUNTY WESTMEATH. N91 T183.
The proposed development will include the following:
- Proposed pedestrian entrance at junction of Mullingar Road (R394) and Castlepollard library carpark access road.
- Alterations to and widening of existing footpaths on southern side of Mullingar Road and associated raised table at entrance to proposed Town Park and existing Library.
- Alerations to the existing concrete boundary walls along Mullingar Road to reduce height of wall and erect new railings.
- Replacement of existing stockproof boundary fence and boundary fence to carpark with new railings.
- Proposed footpaths and walkways including root protection to all retained trees.
- Proposed skate park, childrens play area, zip line area and climbing frames.
- Provision of hard and soft landscaping.
- Installation of all associated services above and below ground.
- The provision of signage and lighting.
- Pedestrian link from Town Park through wooded area with the provision of a new opening in existing estate wall Kinturk Demesne - a protected structure (Ref. 007-003), to facilitate a pedestrian access to Castlepollard Community College.
- All associated ancillary works.
St. Peter’s Centre, a nineteen-bay three storey hospital and protected structure (Ref 007-033) is sited within the curtilage of the above development.
The Proposed scheme has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and screening for Environmental Impact Assessment under the EIA Directive 2014/52/EU.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the proposed development would be likely to have significant effect on the environment.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection at https://consult.westmeathcoco.ie/en and can be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at the offices of the Municipal District of Mullingar-Kinnegad, Westmeath County Council, Áras An Chontae, Mount Street, Mullingar, N91 FH4N from 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. each day, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, from the 28th February 2022 up to and including the 30th March 2022.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, may be made in writing no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday 14 April 2022 either:
- Online at https://consult.westmeathcoco.ie/en or
- In writing, clearly marked “Proposed Development of a Town Park at Mullingar Road Castlepollard” to the Administrative Officer, Planning Section, Westmeath County Council, Áras An Chontae, Mount Street, Mullingar, N91 FH4N.
Written submissions or observations received, will form part of a statutory report to be presented to a meeting of Westmeath County Council and will form part of a public document. The information contained in submissions may be available for public inspection, to be published on the Council’s website and available at the Council’s public counter. Details, including the names of those making submissions may be shared with relevant Council Departments or their agents involved in this Part 8 process.